Welcome to my Blog

Here you will find thoughts and comments on God, His Word, Life and other such things. My prayer is that perhaps you will find something that will add a little bit of light to your path.








Friday, March 12, 2010

This is a shot of a perfect wave. Its the kind of wave that makes regular visits into a surfer's dreams. There never has been, nor ever will be, another one just like it. It appeared for a brief three minutes of life and then faded into eternity. As I was pondering how my life would have been different if I had only gotten out there a few minutes earlier I noticed that not one person had caught this wave at all. This wave was left unridden! For most people, this would have been THE wave of a lifetime. I look back on that day now and then and search for applications to my life. Do I wish I could have a do-over? Sure, and I try and comfort myself with "there's always another day" but the reality is there is never going to be that same wave ever again. None of us can go back and start over with a new beginning but any of us can start today and make a new ending.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. It really spoke to me where I am at lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that the Lord used my feeble efforts. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete